At 6:45 this morning, Eric had gotten up early to work out and as I was laying in bed I was suddenly bleeding a ton. I had to call the Men's locker room to have them get Eric for me, and he hurried home. I am so grateful for my mom, I called her and she helped me calm down and think clearly. The doctor's office wasn't open until 8am. We decided to go to EIRMC (the hospital I work at in Idaho Falls) because that's where my insurance covers me, and I knew that if the problem affected the life of my baby there is nothing that can be done to save it at 15 weeks, so a 30 minute drive would be okay. Also, the bleeding had slowed a lot.
It was so terrible, I can't even explain it. It was like my worst nightmare come true. At the ER, they started an IV and took some blood for testing. Finally they took me to do an ultrasound. And there we saw our little baby, moving all over the place with a good heart beat. That was a huge relief, but we still didn't know if there was a problem with the placenta or not. Eric and I were so happy that we got to see our baby, but we knew it would make it that much harder if we lost it. I still would have wanted to see though.
Anyways, the doctor said it looked like a "Subchorionic Hemmorhage" that was relatively small. He didn't know what caused it, but said as long as it didn't get any bigger it should be fine and the bleeding will stop. From what I understand, this is part of the lining in the uterus (and not the placenta). They also said I may have a small Urinary tract infection, so I have to take a round of antibiotics. So, they discharged me at about 11am and we went and got some breakfast. I'll go back to see Dr. Huggins next week to follow up.
Alright, so now you know there's a happy ending, we can tell you the great news! They don't normally do an ultrasound until 20 weeks to look at the gender, but during the ultrasound this morning it was so obvious that Eric and I could even tell what we were looking at... It's a BOY!!! It was so cute, the doctor said "Well..it's usually hard to see at 15 weeks, but he's pretty much 'pointing the way', it's so clear!" haha Oh, it was the sweetest thing I've ever seen. The weirdest part was seeing the baby move all around and punching me like a boxer when I can't feel a thing! Anyways, we are absolutely THRILLED for our little boy and I feel so blessed that he is okay.
It was so terrible, I can't even explain it. It was like my worst nightmare come true. At the ER, they started an IV and took some blood for testing. Finally they took me to do an ultrasound. And there we saw our little baby, moving all over the place with a good heart beat. That was a huge relief, but we still didn't know if there was a problem with the placenta or not. Eric and I were so happy that we got to see our baby, but we knew it would make it that much harder if we lost it. I still would have wanted to see though.
Anyways, the doctor said it looked like a "Subchorionic Hemmorhage" that was relatively small. He didn't know what caused it, but said as long as it didn't get any bigger it should be fine and the bleeding will stop. From what I understand, this is part of the lining in the uterus (and not the placenta). They also said I may have a small Urinary tract infection, so I have to take a round of antibiotics. So, they discharged me at about 11am and we went and got some breakfast. I'll go back to see Dr. Huggins next week to follow up.
Alright, so now you know there's a happy ending, we can tell you the great news! They don't normally do an ultrasound until 20 weeks to look at the gender, but during the ultrasound this morning it was so obvious that Eric and I could even tell what we were looking at... It's a BOY!!! It was so cute, the doctor said "Well..it's usually hard to see at 15 weeks, but he's pretty much 'pointing the way', it's so clear!" haha Oh, it was the sweetest thing I've ever seen. The weirdest part was seeing the baby move all around and punching me like a boxer when I can't feel a thing! Anyways, we are absolutely THRILLED for our little boy and I feel so blessed that he is okay.


4 comments:
A boy! Hooray! I panicked when I started reading this and only key words popped out to me, but I'm so glad everything turned out great! Pregnancy is so scary! But I'm so happy that you're ok.
It's a Baby Boy Beanie Bateman! I'm sorry my NEPHEW is being a little difficult, but hey, anything that's worth it in this life is never easy. (You will be reminded of this in approximately thirteen years, give or take). Anyway, I'm so happy that everyone is alright. And I can't wait until you all come home!!!! LOVE YOU!
It'a a good thing I'd already talked to you and knew that this story had a happy ending or else I would have been freaking out at the beginning of the story. I'm so glad that you are ok, and even more excited that you are having a boy!!! Kaylie can't wait to meet him and have their first date :) Congrats! Luv ya!
hey there! I cant find your email address anywhere, and I just made my blog private and I need your email address to send you an invite!! you can email it to me or call me! thanks!
Post a Comment