After my doctors appointment last week it was decided that the safest thing would be to have the c-section sooner than Jan 13 as previously planned. I've been having too many contractions even with the medication and she is worried about uterine rupture and the effect the contractions are having on baby. I'll be 35 weeks 2 days, which is way further than I thought I'd make it so I'm very happy. It's still a little scary because there's no way to tell how well he'll do. In my past as a nurse I've seen 35 weekers that have no NICU stay and some that stay for a bit, so we'll just have to hope for the best!
Tomorrow I'm having an amniocentesis to check for Fetal Lung Maturity to make sure his lungs are developed enough for delivery. My doc said that preterm contractions actually accelerate lung development...so based on how many contractions I've had I'm guessing he's got the lungs of a 3 month old :) haha.
The c-section is at 7am on Tuesday, I'll have Eric give an update when he gets the chance! Here's my last prego pic, 35 weeks today!
2 comments:
Oh honey, well all be on pins and needles here! can't wait to see his cute little face :) Congrats on keeping him in that long- you are amazing. We are very excited and can't wait to hear everything. Love you and good luck- Dani
Yay! Good luck. Can't wait to see new baby pictures!
Post a Comment