Picture

Picture

Joshua

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

matthew

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's ALIVE!

On Monday Jan 15, I had my monthly check-up with my OB Dr. Huggins. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time! It was so awesome that Eric cried... ok not really but we were both pretty psyched. It was approximately 158 beats per minute, loud and strong!

Most of you know I had quite a plethora of health complications in 2007, including insulin resistance and hypothyroidism. Basically, I gained a lot of weight and was exhausted all the time. Insulin resistance is basically pre-diabetes, so I'm taking medications to help keep my blood sugar under control right now. My blood sugar's have been higher since I've been pregnant and my Doctor said I was close to getting gestational diabetes at 4 weeks along, (they normally don't even test you for it until 20 weeks). Luckily they have remained borderline so things are looking good. My thyroid has been acting funny, and I've had to adjust my dose of thyroid hormone 3 times so far because I can't get in the normal range. This is essential for fetal brain development so it's been hard not to be paranoid. Even though I've been classified as a "high-risk" pregnancy, everything has gone wonderfully so far!

We are so grateful to our Father in heaven for this huge blessing. We had been told that I would have a hard time getting pregnant, so after only 5 months of trying we were absolutely thrilled to find out!

3 comments:

Scott, Julie and Kaylie said...

Yipeeee! I'm so excited about your blog! I want to hear every detail about you pregnancy! I love the tummy shot :) It was so good talking to you the other day. I miss you guys so much! I can't wait to see you soon! luv ya!

Cory L K said...

Dude, whatever. You did not gain a "ton of weight." I'm excited for the blog, but maybe let Eric write once in a while so there's less bias ;)

Denisse said...

Wait, wait, wait!!!!...You are pregnant???? I didn't even know it? Wooo hoooo!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Yeah!!!!!! That is so exciting for you and Eric! You guys are such an awesome couple!!! BTW, I hope you don't mind me snooping...I found your link on Jen Evans blog...anyway, we sooo happy for you guys!!!!!