Here is Joshua - smiling for the camera- at one week!
Joshua had a big day yesterday! The nurse took him off CPAP and he did great! He is now on nasal cannula and it is so fun to actually see his face. Also, they were able to increase his feedings and he has a NG tube (in his nose instead of his mouth). His jaundice is getting better and if all goes as planned he will be off of the bili lights today. He is having some fluctuations in his temperature and they are keeping a close eye on him (this is a potential sign of infection), all in all it was a very good day.
He pulls the cutest faces all the time, and we've had many nurses tell us how sweet his temperament is. My mom says he must get that from Eric and not me...but I don't know about that...
As for me, it is getting easier to walk around and I can get out of bed on my own finally. The worst part is when someone makes me laugh and it feels like I'm going to bust a stitch. Oh yeah, and the exhaustion. It's kind of frustrating to get up every 3 hours around the clock to pump and have no baby here to play with :( I miss him so much, this has definitely given me a new perspective for my job as a NICU nurse.


5 comments:
He is precious! So adorable. You guys already seem to be such good parents. I can't believe it! Congratulations.
Lisa! I Know EXACTLY how you feel about the whole getting up to pump and not being able to laugh. But don't worry it gets better everyday. I'm so glad to hear Joshua is doing great. The NICU is such a rollercoaster of an experience but Joshua looks like he is doing really well. Just keep giving him that breast milk. It's one of the best things for him right now! :) Luv you guys. You are in our prayers.
Lisa!! You had your baby! Congrats!I hope everything continues to go well!
Bateman Family!!!! Congratulations on little Josh, he sure is adorable and a special little guy who wanted to come out so quickly to meet his two wonderful parents!!!!!!!!:) He just couldn't wait any longer!!!!!!! What a precious little spirit! Wish we could see him in person...you are amazing Lisa! Glad to hear that you are feeling better!!!! I miss seeing you around!!!!!
Congrats on the beautiful baby boy. We will keep you guys in our prayers. Being parents is the best thing ever. You guys will do a great job.
Post a Comment