Picture

Picture

Joshua

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

matthew

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Vampire Land

After my sister's wedding on August 1st, we decided to take a detour on our way home, and drive through Forks, Wa. That's right, Twilight town. They offer a driving guide to all the "hot spots" in the town that were supposed to have inspired the book. So it wasn't like we saw ANYTHING from the movie. But it was fun, and we went with my parents, grandparents and my Aunt Lisa and Aunt Susan (also twilight enthusiasts). We had a good time, even though we felt kinda nerdy taking all the pictures....everyone else was too! The town pretty much makes its living off the book. Even the Mexican restaurant we ate dinner at had giant movie posters in the windows!

This is supposed to be the Cullen's home. It actually matches the description in the book pretty well.

A nearby beach we stopped at. Really pretty, but cold and misty! Eric, my dad and my grandpa.
Forks High School. Aunt Susan, me, mom, and Aunt Lisa.
The Local hospital...
Bella's front yard. People actually live in the house....that was probably the most embarrassing part :)
Bella's truck
La Push beach. Funny thing: there were A LOT of stray dogs....
On our way to the Ferry home from Kingston, we stopped and went for a hike to a place called Sol Duc Falls. It was beautiful, and definitely a highlight of the weekend.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

How fun! I'm totally jealous, but I agree with you that I would probably feel pretty nerdy taking pictures! I'm soo excited for the next movie!!

Susan said...

It was fun, but the fun part was being with you! Hope all is going well. I love you!
Aunt Su