Picture

Picture

Joshua

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

matthew

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

31 week check-up

I had an appointment this morning with my OB and things are good! Even though I have been having a lot of contractions, I'm not dilated at all. They did some monitoring in the office to see how baby tolerates the contractions and of course I didn't have a SINGLE one until they unhooked me and I sat up. So unfair.

When I had Joshua, the doctor couldn't do a "classic incision" on my uterus because of the shape of it and cuz it was an emergency, so I have a vertical incision instead. Because of that, if my contractions get too strong and they can't stop them they'll have to do a c-section right away so I don't rupture *Yikes* Also they have me down for a scheduled c-section when I'm just 36 weeks. Even though my dr said she was pretty sure I won't make it that far it's good to plan. SO no matter what I'll have a baby by Jan 13, 2011 at 1:30 :) Actually, she said it's likely that I'll have to deliver in the next few weeks, so we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, I'm still having mild contractions and on terbutaline and bed rest. But for some reason I feel a lot better hearing my doctor confirm what I was feeling, which is that I'll probably have a december baby. I guess it just helps me prepare mentally for what's to come. I'm just grateful for every day that I can give him beyond what Joshua had.

2 comments:

Jen Evans said...

Thank goodness for modern medicine. I hope you find lots to do online while you are bedresting! Good luck!!

Alyssa said...

I'm so glad things are going well! Hey, if he is born before the end of the year, we can both be December babies! :)